What we do
We take a person-centred approach and focus the services we provide around the needs and wishes of those we care for, to enable them to live their lives as they choose. We are always trying to broaden and further develop the range of activities, volunteering, work and leisure opportunities available, tailored to the interests of the individual people we support.
Our ‘Wellbeing’ value sets out our philosophy of care across or services.
- We provide person-centred support
- We acknowledge people’s strengths and abilities and support them to identify and achieve their goals.
- We encourage healthy minds and bodies –
- Being active, eating well
- accessing health and other services,
- engaging in activities which are absorbing and have meaning,
- enabling choice and participation,
- promoting independence and enablement
- We offer physical comfort, intellectual stimulation and spiritual wellbeing
- We encourage a full social life by
- developing and maintaining relationships with family and friends;
- Participating in the community and accessing resources
- We promote safety, dignity and respect - being caring, responsive and sensitive to privacy
- We provide homely and friendly environments