Want to change lives? Are you energetic? Do you have sense of humour and a positive ‘glass half-full’ attitude? Do you want to work for an organisation which cares about its’ staff?
Why work for us? Find out what we offer our employees.
- Volunteer Drivers
Please see the specifics of the volunteer role:
As the COVID 19 lock down eases, public transport becomes busier. Our support workers work with adults with learning disabilities who are vulnerable to COVID19. We are working hard to reduce the risk of infection and are concerned that staff may become infected through reliance on busy public transport.
This role would involve picking up staff from their homes and dropping them at work (Henleaze primarily, or on occasion in Bishopston) or vice versa at the end of a shift.
When staff need to be driven will be variable as their shift patterns vary and not all staff need to be driven. However, they can be planned in advance as we know the rota and are gathering info on which staff need to be driven.
The most likely time- frames would be roughly as follows.
Approx 6.30am for staff starting a 7 am shift start, and then a drop off starting at 7.15 for night staff ending their shift.
Approx 2.00pm for staff starting a 2.30 shift start, and then from 2.30- 3 for staff finishing the previous shift 3
Approx 9.30pm for staff starting the night shift at 10.15pm, and then then 10.30-11 pm for those finishing the previous shift.
Obviously exact start and finish times depend on the locations.
We wouldn’t expect one person to be able to do all, and would base this on your availability.
- They can drive their own vehicle if they have business insurance (some insurers will add this on for free but you will need to contact your insurer and show us the certificate)
- They can drive either our minibus or Fiat Doblo car
What we need from a volunteer
- Full driving license which covers the vehicle they will be driving
- Have a DBS (to protect staff really) – we can arrange this.
- Good time keeping and reliable – we need to ensure our staff can be confident they will be picked up to get to work on time.
You will not receive any remuneration for the volunteer work undertaken.
Support and supervision
We are committed to support and supervision. Each volunteer has a named volunteer supervisor. Your supervisor will:
• Will meet with you at regular intervals (initially a weekly conversation, adjusted more or less as needed) to offer support and supervision in relation to your volunteering. Frequency depends on role and extent of volunteering. Given COVID 19 this may well be over the telephone or via web conferencing.
• We will notify you of any relevant volunteer group meetings for volunteers to get together for group support and supervision.
All volunteers are required to have a responsible attitude towards timekeeping. You will be expected to be ready to start work at the commencement of your agreed volunteer placement. Persistent lateness will render you liable to not being offered volunteer work.
Job Types: Temporary, Volunteer
Salary: £0.00 /hour
Should you have any more questions please feel free to email email@example.com or call Claire on 07736 452064.